NEWS AFFECTING OUR COMMUNITY:
Traffic Closures: Calgary Ring Road
Community Crime Statistics:
Palliser November 2020:https://mycalgary.com/crime-statistics/palliser-crime-activity-update/
Bayview November, 2020:https://mycalgary.com/crime-statistics/bayview-crime-activity-update/
Pump Hill November, 2020: https://mycalgary.com/crime-statistics/pumphill-crime-activity-update/
Calgary Police Services:
Vehicle theft is an ongoing concern within the city of Calgary. Each year, as the weather cools, the Calgary Police Service receives an increase in stolen vehicle thefts, targeting unlocked vehicles left running (warming up). With this in mind, please consider:
What can you do to prevent vehicle theft?
- Do not leave a vehicle running with the keys in the ignition for any length of time, even with the doors locked.
- Never hide a second key in or around the vehicle.
- Always close the windows, lock the doors and pocket the key.
- Park in well-lit and well-traveled areas.
- Take valuables with you or hide them out of sight.
- Use anti- theft measures such as a steering wheel lock, a vehicle immobilizer system or an alarm system.
- Consider installing a remote starter if you need to warm up your vehicle in the morning.
- Report suspicious activity. If you see suspicious people in or around motor vehicles, call 9-1-1.
Remember, a few minutes braving the cold with your vehicle can save you from a headache down the line.
City of Calgary Waste & Recycling:
Calgary SW Pump Track:
The South Glenmore Bicycle Pump Track has been a popular amenity for your community members in nearby South Glenmore Park. We wanted to be the first to inform you that there is an upcoming closure of the Pump Track in hopes that you can spread the word to your residents.
Beginning in Early April the South Glenmore Bicycle Pump Track will be closed to the public in order for Parks Foundation to complete improvements to the park. Our goal is to make the pump track more enjoyable for cyclists and to enhance the overall safety of the pump track by improving the viewing area, aesthetics, and separation between the pump track and the existing Elbow River pathway. Improvements include new signage, perimeter fencing, and paving.
While improvements are under construction there will be absolutely no public access to the park. We look forward to welcoming the public back to the new and improved Pump Track later this summer, weather permitting.
With the popularity of the Pump Track we are excited to have the opportunity to enhance the park for the enjoyment of all users.
For questions, or additional information regarding the park closure, please email Parks Foundation at: email@example.com