Read our Current Newsletter by clicking the link below.
OTHER NEWS AFFECTING OUR COMMUNITY:
Traffic Closures: Calgary Ring Road
The City of Calgary Recreation:
Government of Alberta-Covid-19:
Skating at an outdoor rink is permitted. Physical distancing must be maintained at all times. Anyone playing hockey at an outdoor rink should observe physical distancing and abide by all public health measures.
There can be more than 10 people at a rink if it is not a social gathering, for example, several unrelated strangers who have come to skate and not socialize and are able to stay 2 meters apart from those not in their household.
Please help us keep our rink open-we love seeing so many community members using our ice!
Community Crime Statistics:
Palliser November 2020:https://mycalgary.com/crime-statistics/palliser-crime-activity-update/
Bayview November, 2020:https://mycalgary.com/crime-statistics/bayview-crime-activity-update/
Pump Hill November, 2020: https://mycalgary.com/crime-statistics/pumphill-crime-activity-update/
Calgary Police Services:
Vehicle theft is an ongoing concern within the city of Calgary. Each year, as the weather cools, the Calgary Police Service receives an increase in stolen vehicle thefts, targeting unlocked vehicles left running (warming up). With this in mind, please consider:
What can you do to prevent vehicle theft?
- Do not leave a vehicle running with the keys in the ignition for any length of time, even with the doors locked.
- Never hide a second key in or around the vehicle.
- Always close the windows, lock the doors and pocket the key.
- Park in well-lit and well-traveled areas.
- Take valuables with you or hide them out of sight.
- Use anti- theft measures such as a steering wheel lock, a vehicle immobilizer system or an alarm system.
- Consider installing a remote starter if you need to warm up your vehicle in the morning.
- Report suspicious activity. If you see suspicious people in or around motor vehicles, call 9-1-1.
Remember, a few minutes braving the cold with your vehicle can save you from a headache down the line.
City of Calgary Waste & Recycling:
Calgary SW Pump Track: